My name is James Cook and I am studioJMC. Unlike ad agencies and other firms that build web sites as a sideline, designing and developing for the web is my full-time focus.
When I started fifteen years ago, it was enough to create attractive and well functioning websites but today’s highly competitive web marketplace demands much more:
- Selecting and configuring a Content Management System (CMS) that marries the structure to easily manage the site and the flexibility to adapt to a changing environment.
- Adherence to best practices for the web.
- Programming custom functionality
- Creating web-optimized multi-media content
And the project doesn’t end once the site is up and running. A modern website requires:
- Performance monitoring.
- Regular security updates.
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) support.
- Search Engine Optimization and online marketing support.
No one – and no one company – can do it all but, like Ringo, I get by with a little help from my friends. For over fifteen years I have been developing a network of designers, programmers, developers, content creators and SEOs. Rather than force my solution on a client’s project, I have the freedom to act as a “web general contractor” bringing in the expertise needed to provide the best solution to your unique problems.
That “big picture” approach, along with my web-related publishing, participation in industry conferences, and teaching keeps me abreast of the latest industry developments insuring that you receive state-of-the-art solutions.
From our first meeting my goal will be to understand your company’s products, services and vision. At the same time, I’ll be educating you about the possibilities – and the limitations – of the web. Armed with that knowledge we’ll work together to create a unique and functional web site that communicates your message and culture in a crisp and clear manner while incorporating advance technologies in a way that is both user- and budget-friendly.